Labor and Birth
As a Birth Doula, I'm a source of unwavering emotional, physical and informational support throughout your baby's journey to your arms. I provide a wealth of compassion and warmth to individuals and families of diverse socio-economic backgrounds, races, sexual orientations/practices, gender identities, ability, health statuses, family structures, and birth choices/outcomes. My practice is centered on a desire to provide pathways to safe, meaningful and empowering birth experiences.
I work in all local hospitals, birthing centers and assist at midwife-attended home births. Drug-free or not, first baby or fourth, high or low risk, VBAC or elective cesarean, home birth or “get me an epidural pronto” I support it all, and I’m comfortable with any choices that feel right to you. It’s your birth and I understand this above all else.
prenatal and birth
- Two or three prenatal consultations to get to know one another, discuss your birthing preferences, prepare a birth plan, and practice positions and relaxation techniques.
- Unlimited phone and email support throughout your pregnancy and early postpartum.
- Provide counseling on nutritional and herbal remedies to strengthen the womb and ease prenatal discomforts.
- On-call for you 24/7 from week 37 of your pregnancy until your birth.
- Attend your labor continuously, providing physical comfort, emotional support, and information to assist you in decision-making.
- Help your partner(s)/support people by offering suggestions, information, affirmation, and reassurance.
- Serve as a liaison between you and medical staff—establishing rapport, reminding them of your preferences, and helping you ask questions so that you can have the information you need to make informed decisions.
- Assist with initiating chest/breastfeeding and other early postpartum needs.
- Available by phone and email to answer any questions you have during your postpartum time and to offer you referrals for other resources as needed.
- Provide one follow-up visit at the hospital or your home within the first weeks postpartum to review your birth experience and answer any questions you have.
Fees: range from $800 -$1,500 sliding scale, rates are negotiable based on income.
I strongly believe that all pregnant people should have access to the care and support they need during their pregnancies. No one will be turned away based on thier ability to pay.